More altruism is what the world needs.
Have you ever done a random act of kindness for someone else? How do you feel after displaying the altruism?
I find it feels incredible, it opens my heart and it brightens the receiving person’s day.
Because you receive a mental and physical boost from the act you create meaning and a sense of purpose in your life which fosters a sense of community.
Do you know the feeling in the air just before the holidays? As you are doing your last minute errands and shopping people are in high spirits, they are extra kind and giving. Wouldn’t it be great if we could have that feeling all year round?
It’s a magical feeling that lifts you up and raises your vibration. When we raise our vibration we attract more of what we want to ourselves.
Did you know when you do good your brain releases mood boosters? Dopamine and oxytocin are released in the body and this is referred to by the the experts as the ‘helper’s high’. 1 Doing a good deed also reduces stress and lowers anxiety and depression.
Most of us want to feel better, improve our health and help others feel loved, appreciated or just special. Remember, everyone is going through something and you never know what positive effect your kind act can do to help them through it. It’s incredible how we can change so much with a small act of kindness.
It’s quite easy to incorporate more kindness into your life, here are just a few examples.
- Help your neighbours, shovel their driveway, clear the snow off their car, rake their leaves
- Smile and make eye contact with people you pass by
- Hold the door for the person behind you or coming in
- Let a car into your lane while driving
- Hug your loved ones and tell them how much you love them every day
- When you feel appreciation for someone else, tell them; it can be a note or a kind gesture
- Give a positive online review of an employee of a service you have experienced.
- Visit a senior’s home and talk with the residents
- Pay for the coffee of the person behind you in the drive thru
- Give up your seat on public transit
Can you add to this list?
Please share your ideas to support a kinder, altruistic world and let’s spread more kindness and love to one another.
It’s a win/win situation when we can open, follow and lead from our hearts.